Monday, December 5, 2011

Beating out the scrooge...

* * * CHRISTMAS 2011 * * *


Today is December 5th, and it's almost over! - 20 more days until Christmas, 19 until my boys open all their gifts before they go to their Dad's house for the 2nd half of break (AHH, the fun of divorce - sharing). So, as this wonderful time approaches, how is this Mommy of three feeling? Like a big ole cranky SCROOGE!

Exhibit A: How I'm feeling...

So, each day I contemplate - how in the world do I get this feeling to GO AWAY! I'm not even sure why I'm stuck in this funk, but here I am. Part of me thinks it is because our house is too small to decorate (even some cute decorations would just look like clutter, it's pretty packed in here!) - and part of me thinks I'm scared once I start shopping it is going to be hard to get something for everyone on the list, and I think it causes some underlying anxiety... but I guess I just need to find ways to get in the mood, to find my ...


I somehow think this will be easier said than done. . . so, I'm going to try a few things and see how it goes!


   1) Pray about it. . . Surely finding the joy in the celebration of the birth of Christ could be helped along with a little prayer. . .
    2) Baking. I've started practicing treats for Christmas celebrations ... hoping it helps get me in the spirit. . .
    3) I suppose, shopping will be on the list eventually - hopefully some planning and careful BUDGETING of the money we've set aside will take the stress out of this event. Anyone want to come along?
    4) Did I mention I should probably pray a bit more? :)

As we speed through the next 19 days . . . enjoy preparing for such a wonderful time of year to spend with family.... and maybe, if you've got a minute, send up a shout-out to the Big Guy for me to BEAT OUT THIS SCROOGEness I've got!!

:) Merry Christmas :)

1 comment:

  1. I understand Tricia! My mom and my husband are HUGE Christmas enthusiasts. I feel like I'm the grounded one that tries to keep them from going overboard. I've been so adament about keeping them from celebrating before the proper time (after Thanksgiving) that once celebrating time was in sight I still kind of dreaded hearing Christmas music and watching Christmas movies. They showed this movie at my church, and it makes me feel emotional and understand how Christmas is really about the truest love to ever be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4xY175ZYo (Sorry my comment is more like a novel) Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete