Saturday, May 28, 2011

What to do... What to do?!

Summer is VERY quickly approaching...(I know, the weather might seem to disagree with that statement but it's on the way, promise!) Do you have a plan for the summer? Or a list of "want to do" this summer? I do... who knows what we'll get through... here are just 5 of my to-do's...

1) Camping...
    We got a super cute and pretty big tent this year - for our little family this year... now when we crash Mom & Dad's camp site at Boyer, we can at least have our own space instead of cramming into the camper... They've been nice and let us stay in before, but I think we're getting a little big to crash the camper!!  Hopefully we can make good use of it at least a few weekends this summer!





2) Going to the park, maybe the pool...
   While financially it is hard sometimes - right now I am blessed with working only two days a week - which makes for plenty of fun days to go to the park!! I'm hoping we get to go play at the park lots this summer... maybe even hit the swimming pool, maybe. That will require my LEAST favorite activitiy - SWIMSUIT shopping! ugh. I think I will retire my suit from FOUR years ago and find a nice one peice to wear with my shorts (I always wear shorts!)... Maybe if I can find a good suit I'll be ok with going to water aerobics... that would be nice... we'll see.


3) Rollercoaster Anyone?

I am DYING to go to Silverwood this year - I want to ride the Aftershock rollercoaster again so badly!! I'm hoping for a day up there with my hubby - just the two of us - maybe our Mini-Honyemoon... hopefully we can do it. We'll be taking Jaxson up again too, he got a free ticket for doing 10 hours of reading earlier this year - so I'm thinking maybe he will take a friend (and brother of course) up for a birthday trip! Maybe I'll get away with no big party this year!



4) The usual summer activity it seems...

   Do you have a wedding to go to this summer?? We do, so far - three.. let's hope that's it! That's a lot of weddings - luckily there are 5 weekends in July - because we have a wedding on three of them!! I feel like I'm forgetting one, hopefully not!

5) The biggest challenge of them all!!!

LEARNING HOW TO GARDEN...  ya, it's going to be a challenge. The weather is not helping my case either. There are two GORGEOUS garden plots that my dad has made - waiting to be seeded - hopefully this week we can get it going - and I'm hoping to learn ... maybe next year have our own plots... it's something that I need to learn - I will learn. :) It'll happen...



There are lots of things that we'll be doing this summer... lots of things that I'd like to do, learn, and there are LOTS of habits I'd like to develop (maybe that'll be my next list)! Hopefully I can do some of them!

I hope summer (real summer, the warm and beautiful kind) shows up soon!! :)  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I want to do water aerobics with you!! And I wear some variation of the word swimsuit too.

    ReplyDelete